We also have a standalone distribution that doesn't require SBT.
Important notice! Scala.js is still experimental! Although this is a project of LAMP/EPFL for which we will continue to provide best-effort improvements and bug fixes, it is not supported by Typesafe, and not part of any of their support contracts. You have been warned!
- Support all of Scala (including macros!), modulo a few semantic differences
- Integrated with sbt (including support for dependency management and incremental compilation)
- Can be used with your favorite IDE for Scala
- Generates Source Maps for a smooth debugging experience (step through your Scala code from within your browser supporting source maps)
- Integrates Google Closure Compiler for producing minimal code for production. Compiled blobs range from 170-400kb
- Official mailing list
- Scala.js tag on Stackoverflow. Please help building it up by asking questions.
- Cross-Platform Development in Scala.js, by Li Haoyi
- Scala's evolving ecosystem- Introduction to Scala.js, by Ayush Mishra, Knoldus Software LLP
- Scala.js at Scaladays 2014, by Sébastien Doeraene
- Live Coding Scala.js at SF Scala 2014 by Li Haoyi
- Live-coding with Scala.js at Scala eXchange 2013
- Presentation of Scala.js at Scala Days 2013 (older and somewhat obsolete)
This is a collection of libraries that work with Scala.js. Some of them, like
scala-async are pure-macro projects, and thus work with Scala.js out of the box. Most of them, though, started off as Scala-JVM projects and were ported over, and thus have separate artifacts to run on each platforms. The SBT snippets given are for the version that runs on Scala.js.
"org.scala-lang.modules.scalajs" %%% "scalajs-dom" % "0.6"
Static types for the DOM API, by Li Haoyi
"org.scala-lang.modules.scalajs" %%% "scalajs-jquery" % "0.6"
Static types for jQuery, by Sébastien Doeraene
// Minimal usage libraryDependencies += "com.github.japgolly.scalajs-react" %%% "core" % "0.5.0" // Test support including ReactTestUtils libraryDependencies += "com.github.japgolly.scalajs-react" %%% "test" % "0.5.0" % "test" // Scalaz support libraryDependencies += "com.github.japgolly.scalajs-react" %%% "ext-scalaz70" % "0.5.0" // or libraryDependencies += "com.github.japgolly.scalajs-react" %%% "ext-scalaz71" % "0.5.0"
Lifts Facebook's React library into Scala.js and endeavours to make it as type-safe and Scala-friendly as possible, by David Barri
addSbtPlugin("me.lessis" % "bintray-sbt" % "0.1") // project/build.sbt resolvers += bintray.Opts.resolver.repo("denigma", "denigma-releases") libraryDependencies += "org.denigma" %%% "binding" % "0.4.4"
A ScalaJS html binding library, by Anton Kulaga
"com.scalatags" %%% "scalatags" % "0.4.2"
A HTML templating library/DSL that works on both Scala-JVM and Scala-JS, by Li Haoyi
"com.scalarx" %%% "scalarx" % "0.2.5"
A change-propagation/FRP library that runs on both Scala-JVM and Scala-JS, by Li Haoyi
addSbtPlugin("com.lihaoyi" % "utest-js-plugin" % "0.2.4") // project/build.sbt "com.lihaoyi" %%% "utest" % "0.2.4"
A tiny, portable unit testing library that lets you run the same tests on both Scala-JVM and Scala-JS, by Li Haoyi
libraryDependencies += "org.qirx" %%% "little-spec" % "0.3" % "test" ScalaJSKeys.scalaJSTestFramework in Test := "org.qirx.littlespec.scalajs.TestFramework"
A small extendable test/specification library that can generate documentation, works on both Scala-JVM and Scala-JS, by EECOLOR
"com.lihaoyi" %%% "upickle" % "0.2.5"
Statically-typed pickling (via typeclasses/macros) for both Scala-JVM and Scala-JS, by Li Haoyi
"com.lihaoyi" %%% "autowire" % "0.1.2"
Statically-typed Ajax calls and RPCs for both Scala-JVM and Scala-JS, by Li Haoyi
"org.scalajs" %%% "scalajs-pickling" % "0.3"
A cross-compiling pickling (aka serialization) library for Scala.js and Scala with a common JSON-based format, by Sébastien Doeraene
"com.github.benhutchison" %%% "prickle" % "1.1.0"
Yet another statically-typed pickling library for Scala.js / Scala.jvm, with support for pickling object graphs containing shared objects and cycles, by Ben Hutchison
Reactive extensions (Rx) with back-pressure, atomic references and other multi-threading primitives cross-compiled to Scala.js, by Alexandru Nedelcu
"com.github.japgolly.fork.scalaz" %%% "scalaz-core" % "7.1.0-4" "com.github.japgolly.fork.scalaz" %%% "scalaz-effect" % "7.1.0-4" // etc
Port of Scalaz to Scala.js, maintained by David Barri
"com.github.japgolly.fork.monocle" %%% "monocle-core" % "0.5.1"
Port of Monocle to Scala.js, maintained by David Barri
"com.github.japgolly.fork.nicta" %%% "rng" % "1.3.0"
Port of RNG to Scala.js, maintained by David Barri
resolvers += "bintray-alexander_myltsev" at "http://dl.bintray.com/content/alexander-myltsev/maven" libraryDependencies += "name.myltsev" %% "shapeless_sjs0.5" % "2.0.0"
Port of Shapeless to Scala.js, maintained by Alexander Myltsev
"org.scala-lang.modules" %% "scala-async" % "0.9.1"
Scala-Async is a pure-macro project without any runtime dependencies. Thus it works with Scala.js out of the box, without needing to be specially compiled for it.
Another pure-macro project, Scalaxy loops and streams work great with Scala.js without needing to be specially compiled for it.
Static types and complementary API for AngularJS, by Xavier Cho
A skeleton application using Scala.js workbench for live-reloading in the browser, together with a collection of sample applications developed using it
by Vincent Munier
by Rocky Madden
A sbt plugin for Scala.js projects for live-reloading in the browser (example app), by Li Haoyi
A sbt plugin for bundling of binary files so they can be accessed from the browser, by Li Haoyi
- Port of the Dart benchmark harness by Jonas Fonseca
Want to contribute to Scala.js? Check out the list of contributing opportunities.
List of websites using Scala.js:
- September 2014
- July 2014
- Play and Scala.js Showcase, by Hussachai Puripunpinyo
- May 2014
- Papa-Carlo Incremental Parser Demo, by Eliah-Lakhin
- April 2014
- Ray-Tracer, a ray-tracer written in Scala.js by Li Haoyi
- February 2014
- TodoMVC, an implementation of the TodoMVC example application using Scala.js, Scalatags, Scala.Rx and scala-js-dom, by Li Haoyi
- Sierpinski Triangle and Dodge the dot (Scala.js workbench example apps), by Li Haoyi
- Scala.jsFiddle, an online scratchpad that lets you compile and run Scala.js snippets right in the browser, by Li Haoyi
- December 2013
- Roll, a 2D Physics Platformer by Li Haoyi
- December 2013
- October 2013
- Several games by Li Haoyi
- July 2013
- Knapsack on a graph by Krishnan Raman
- June 2013
- April 2013
- The Reversi example by Sébastien Doeraene
Hall of Fame
- Bug in node.js/v8 discovered by Scala.js through Scala test suite