Important notice! Scala.js is still experimental! Although this is a project of LAMP/EPFL for which we will continue to provide best-effort improvements and bug fixes, it is not supported by TypeSafe, and not part of any of their support contracts. You have been warned!
Outstanding features are:
- Support all of Scala (including macros!), modulo a few semantic differences
- Integrated with sbt (including support for dependency management and incremental compilation)
- Can be used with your favorite IDE for Scala
- Generates Source Maps for a smooth debugging experience (step through your Scala code from within your browser supporting source maps)
- Integrates Google Closure Compiler for producing minimal code for production.
The easiest way to get started is to fork the bootstrapping skeleton and follow the instructions in its readme.
- Official mailing list
- Live-coding with Scala.js at Scala eXchange 2013
- Presentation of Scala.js at Scala Days 2013 (older and somewhat obsolete)
Static types for the DOM API, by Haoyi Li
Static types for jQuery, brought to you by Sébastien Doeraene
- Scala.js workbench, an sbt plugin for Scala.js projects to make development in the browser more pleasant, by Haoyi Li
- Port of the Dart benchmark harness by Jonas Fonseca
Want to contribute to Scala.js? Check out the list of contributing opportunities.
Built with Scala.js
Beginning a list of websites using Scala.js:
- Several games by Haoyi Li
- Knapsack on a graph by Krishnan Raman
- The Reversi example by myself